South Coast Private Tour
South Coast guided private tour for individuals, families and small groups.
Your South Coast day tour begins in Reykjavik where you will be picked up at your location. From there we head to the east at the Ring road that stretches along the South Coast of Iceland. The tour takes about 10 hours
On the South coast day tour we will visit:
- Seljalandsfoss, a waterfall that you are able to walk behind.
- The thundering Skógafoss waterfall about 200 ft high.
- Sólheimajökull glacier, with a short walk to the edge of the glacier where you can touch about 500 year old Ice.
- The village Vík, the most southerly point of Iceland with black sand beaches and dramatic landscapes.
- Coastal cliffs and spectacular rock formations at Reynisfjara beach where Puffins nest in theSummer.
- Visit to Dyrholaey Nature reserve and birds sanctuary where Arctic Terns and Puffins nest in the Summer
On the tour are many stops during the day to photograph the wonders of nature and stop for lunches provided, price for lunch is not included.
The tour takes us East from Reykjavik along the Ring road through moss covered lava fields over the volcano Hengill and down on to the South coast of Iceland. The South coast is the longest coast line of Iceland, stretches about 300 miles and is also the largest farm lands in the country where most of the farm products are made.
On the tour we drive between many small farms, towns and villages spread along the South coast with black sand beaches and surrounded with mountains, volcanoes and glaciers. We drive by Eyjafjallajokull volcano that erupted in 2010 where two of the waterfalls we visit, Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss (foss is waterfall) come from the melting glacier cascading about 200 ft down surrounded with breathtaking landscape.
We visit the village Vik and Reynisfjara with black sand beaches and dramatic landscape of mountains and basalt hexagonal cliffs formations, Dyrholaey nature reserve and birds sanctuary. The volcano Katla is one of the biggest volcano in Iceland and is covered with the 4th biggest glacier
On the South coast tour are optional stops or activities:
- Visit to the Volcano exhibition at Thorvaldseyri farm next Eyjafjallajokull
- Visit to Skogasafn municipality museum
- 2 hours Glacier walk at Solheimajokull glacier
- Snowmobile ride on Myrdalsjokull
- Walk to the Airplane situated on Solheimasandur
- Paragliding at Reynisfjall, (in the summer)
Please contact Thorstein firstname.lastname@example.org for booking or more information